Why should boys dance?
Here are 10 reasons why
10. Strength, coordination, fitness, agility. Dance keeps you in condition and makes you strong and fit for other sports – and life in general.
9. Dance builds strong, healthy muscles and bones. It’s also good for posture and aesthetic formation.
8. Teamwork. Dancing is more of a team sport than you’d think. Performing in a group routine or company hones team skills that will come in handy in all areas of life and work.
7. Adventure. Because there are so few male dancers in relation to females, the jobs available to men are particularly significant. Dance can see you travelling all over the world, working with inspiring people in incredible locations.
6. Mental strength. The discipline required to be a dancer is beneficial to any area of life. Dance teaches perseverance, focus and the importance of positive thinking.
5. Self-esteem and confidence. Dancers are forever putting themselves in challenging circumstances, such as on stage or in a difficult dance class. If you can perform in front of your class or during an exam or an audition, you’ll feel like you can achieve anything. Because you can!
4. Health benefits. As well as body awareness and general conditioning, dance has many health benefits. These include improved function of your heart and lungs, improved brain function and psychological well-being.
3. Creativity and self-expression. A dance studio is a safe place where people are free to express themselves creatively. Dancing also helps to process emotions that are difficult to put into words.
2. To be a leader not a follower. It’s sadly common to be bullied for enjoying dancing, but in the long run, it’s you who will come out on top. Bullies usually do what they do because they are unhappy, so don’t give into peer pressure; lead the way and let them know you don’t care what they think. You may even inspire them when they see how much fun you’re having.
1. Everyone thinks it’s cool. Seriously. Even if they pretend otherwise, they are secretly envious of your dance ability.