Terms & Conditions:
Cancellations - Enrolment at Dance Art Studio is ongoing. Cancellation needs to be submitted by email during the half term in advance to the term ending.
Cancellations cannot be given inbetween terms, which includes holiday periods as your child has already been pre-enrolled.
Fees - All fees are payable for the term by the invoice due date. Late payments are subject to a £10 surcharge.
Cancelled lessons - If lessons have to be cancelled because of staff sickness we will offer a make up class. If we cannot make up your class a credit for the missed class will be given off the following terms fee.
Refunds - In order to run reliable classes we cannot adjust any invoices or offer any refunds for missed class due to sickness or holidays. Classes can be made up where possible. Please check in advance.
Pupils are required to wear the appropriate dance uniform, and footwear for their class. Long hair in a bun or similar and off face. No jewellery.
Please read the information in the following links:
A copy of our safeguarding policy is available on request.
PLEASE NOTE DANCE ART STUDIO CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR PUPILS BEFORE OR AFTER THEIR CLASS TIMES.
THE PRINCIPAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW PUPILS FROM THEIR CLASSES AT ANY TIME.
Please read our GDPR & Photo Policy and Codes of Conduct below.
In order to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which replaces the current Data Protection Act (DPA) with effect from 25 May 2018, Dance Art Studio would like to inform you of our policies that we have in place.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
Dance Art Studio will process Parents and Students confidential information given on their enrolment form – which includes names, DOB, contact details and classes to attend only for the below business purposes. The data will be stored securely, no longer than necessary and solely for the completion of those business activities.
All staff are GDPR compliant and have signed a privacy declaration.
By submitting this form you agree to Dance Art Studio using both Parents and Students data in the following ways:
*Take class registers - all classes are recorded by law
*Keep up-to-date records of contact details, progress records and medical history on our database
*Process insurance documents
*Send out invoices and keep a record of accounts
*In case of an emergency – Log in the accident book
*Send out newsletters/offers/changes to lessons/discuss anything relating to your class
Parents and Students information is shared with third parties for the purpose of:
Having gained your permission to share your information to third parties purposes (list below) we are not responsible for what happens to your data after this.
*Exam entry forms - ISTD
*Performance Licence - Local Authorities
*Names printed/displayed in programmes and on exam/performance schedules *Registered chaperones to keep registers/check in/out sheets
*Emergency services – First Aid Staff
*Insurance Company - In the event of a claim
*Debt recovery agencies - In the event of non payment of fees/items
* Dance software installation company.
You can withdraw your consent to the storing of your information at any time.
Photo & Filming Policy:
Photos may be taken by staff during a class to be used for the purpose of advertising on our Social Media sites and for advertising material. Dancers will not be named on any account. These photos may be used during and after your child is enrolled with Dance Art Studio.
Parents are not permitted to take photos or videos of their child or another child participating in any class. During open days the teacher will ask for your photo consent beforehand. Videos are strictly prohibited unless your child is dancing solo. All other children and staff members must be cropped out of any photos you share or store on your devices.
Occasionally staff may film your child dancing for the purpose of them watching themselves as a way to improve their technique, or for the teacher to refer back to the choreography. These videos will be deleted once we no longer need them.
You can request for your child to not be included in any photos or videos. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Lynda Forster or another member of staff.
Dance Art Studio uses Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Social media is used for advertising, promotion and information purposes. Videos/photos may be posted by staff for these reasons. We do not hold any responsibility for any photos or videos on devices or on social media which are taken by parents or our students on any of our premises. We also cannot be held responsible for any tagging of their peers.
ADVERSE WEATHER DISCLAIMER: Dance Art Studio will make every effort to remain open unless weather conditions make it impossible to do so safely. In the case that the Dance School does need to close due to adverse weather, updates will be posted on Social Media. Unfortunately, Dance Art Studio will not refund lessons cancelled due to this type of closure. The Dance School will not take responsibility for any injury caused to staff or pupils travelling to lessons when the weather is bad, and will aim to remain open unless it is completely unsafe to do so.
CANCELLED LESSONS: If lessons have to be cancelled because of staff sickness we will offer a make up class. If we cannot make up your class a credit for the missed class will be given off the following terms fee.
REFUNDS: In order to run reliable classes we cannot adjust any invoices or offer any refunds for missed class due to sickness or holidays. Classes can be made up where possible. Please check in advance.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR DANCERS :
Dance Art Studio is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all dancers and staff/ volunteers associated with the school. To ensure the effective running of Dance Art Studio and to protect all individuals connected with the school it is important that the following codes of conduct are read, respected and adhered to at all times:
• Dancers must participate within the school rules and respect all the teachers/staff and their decisions.
• Dancers must respect their fellow school pupils/students.
• Dancers must arrive for training on time or inform the Dance Teacher if they are going to be late.
• Dancers must not distract, bully or harass other pupils/students during the class.
• Dancers must not use bad language.
• Dancers must be polite and display good manners at all times.
• Dancers must treat all equipment with respect.
• Dancers must wear the Dance Art School uniform for classes.
• All body jewellery must be removed.
• Long hair must be tied back.
• Food, drink and chewing gum are strictly prohibited in the hall/gym (dancers may bring a sealed drinking bottle in the hall/gym but it must only contain water and must have the dancer’s name on).
• All litter must be placed in the bins provided.
• Please leave all valuables at home – Dance Art Studio will not be held responsible for the loss of any items.
• Mobile phones and other electronic devices must be switched off in the hall/gym.
• Dancers must inform the Dance Teacher before the warm up begins if they have an injury or illness.
• Dancers must inform their teacher immediately if they begin to feel ill or sustain an injury during the class.
• Dancers must remain with teachers at the end of the class until they are safely collected by their parent or guardian.
• FINALLY ALL DANCERS MUST ENTER THE CLASS WITH A SMILE AND HAVE FUN!!
• Dancers that breach the code of conduct will first of all be reminded of the rules.
• Repeatedly breaching the code of conduct may result in separation from other pupils/students (dancer will be made to sit out).
• Continuous breach of the code of conduct will result in the parents being informed at the end of the class by the Dance Teacher to discuss the situation. If there is no improvement, then parents will be contacted by the Dance Teacher and they will be invited to discuss the future behaviour of their child and agree joint strategies for monitoring. In extreme cases where physical violence, verbal abuse or intentional damage to property is involved, the sequence of actions outlined above will be by-passed and the Dance Teacher will contact the parents as a first step. Exclusion of the child from the school may be considered.
GDPR & Photo Policy
Codes of Conduct